Last Modified: 8th May, 2020
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, email address, shipping address, phone number, billing information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information, for example, when you place or request an order with us, subscribe to a newsletter that we offer, send an email to us requesting information, or interact with us for any other purpose. We may also receive information about you from third parties and combine that information with other information we collect.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To operate and improve our services, including to provide better services, products, and opportunities to our customers and visitors to our Site;
- To fulfill your orders, including custom orders;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send surveys, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you, such as the OWS newsletter;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as email service providers and payment processors;
- With our affiliates, including our Shop Members;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. The Site uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
This section applies to those that visit our Site from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom, or Switzerland.
OWS processes personal information with your consent or when OWS processes personal information submitted to the Site for specified purposes. On other occasions, OWS may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfill a contract (for example, for billing purposes) or where required to do this by law.
If necessary, OWS may also process personal information when it is in OWS’s legitimate interests to do this (e.g., to provide membership services, deliver direct marketing, personalization, or for fraud detection) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. OWS enters into standard contractual clauses with data processors who transfer personal information outside of the EEA on its behalf. In other instances, we transfer your personal information because it is necessary to do so to fulfill the terms of an agreement with you. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact us using the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that OWS may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so. Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period or 2 years. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Although we do not currently conduct sales of personal information, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us to not sell personal information we maintain about them if our practices change in the future.
To exercise this right, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Rights
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose for a Business Purpose. In the preceding 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information about California consumers.
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers);
- Commercial or transactions information (such as records of personal property or products or services purchased, obtained or considered);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement); and
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
We disclose each category of personal information we collect to the following categories of third parties for business purposes. We do not sell personal information.
- Service providers, such as Mailchimp, email, website host, and fulfillment vendors; and
Categories of Sources. We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Service providers; and
- Affiliates not under the OWS brand.
- Our commercial purposes, including enabling commercial transactions.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
By email: email@example.com
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum your name, address, and email address.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to prove your identification, the identification of the agent, and your written consent for them to act on your behalf.
Minors’ Right to Opt In. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.